Sunday, October 5, 2008

Best Birthday Present Ever

I was awoken this morning by my son pecking me on the shoulder. Normally I would send him to the living room to play or start a movie for him to watch so that I can catch a few minutes of sleep. (My son likes to get up at around 5:30 am or 6:00 am.) But this morning he was determined that I needed to help him get something out of his room. So I precede to his room to see what he needed. It was a "Magic Flip Flop Hat." My grandmother had given it to David a couple of years ago.

After he had the hat in his possession, he goes and digs out one of his camo bags. At this point I ask him what he is going to do with the hat and bag. He simply smiled and replied, "It's a surprise!" I realize my son has remembered my birthday.

He then ask for some paper so that he could make a card. By this point I have realized that I have the most wonderful little boy on Earth. (He did not take after his father. I still haven't received a birthday present from him yet.) On the card he wrote his name and drew a smiley face. I helped him fold the card, then he placed it in the bag.

When I ask him if I could open it, his reply was, "We have to wait till the party." I explained to him that there would not be a big party like his. So we waited till my parents and grandmother came this afternoon to open the present. It was the best present I have ever received.

I thank God for blessing me with such a sweet little boy. He is so kind and compassionate.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

How sweet!!! Isn't that a question on the Vineland??? It's a good thing his mother taught them those fantastic fine motor skills for just this moment. :-)

Stephanie Anderson said...

It is on the Vineland! Right in the 7-8 year old age group, I think! He is a smart and very sweet little boy. It is a good great gift to know you've raised a caring compassionate child.

Steph

Amanda said...

I tagged you. Check out my blog!